Florida Homeowners Insurance Quote: Checklist
Shopping for homeowner’s insurance in South Florida? This is one of the most important items you can have to protect your investment in your home. Whether it’s a condo in Delray Beach, a single family home in Deerfield or a luxury waterfront home in Boca Raton that you are seeking to cover, one of our licensed home insurance agents will be happy to help you obtain your quote.
Our agent will need some basic information in order to put together a free homeowners quote for you to consider. You may want to go through the checklist below just prior to calling one of our agents for a free homeowners quote.
These are some of the questions that you should be prepared to answer. This can serve as your ‘homeowners insurance checklist. Your answers may increase or decrease the quote but remember, it is against the law to provide false information.
- What year was your home built?
- What type of roof do you have? (Tile, Asphalt, Shingle, Metal etc.)
- What year was your roof installed? Repaired?
- Do you know what type of foundation your home has?
- What type of siding? Frame, stone, synthetic, brick?
- Do you have storm shutters or impact glass?
- What year were updates made to the plumbing?
- Have any updates been done to the A/C and HVAC systems?
- What’s the distance from the nearest fire station and hydrant?
- What type of of cooling and heating system do you have?
- Do you have any pets? What kinds of pets?
- Do you run a business out of your home?
- Do you have a prior history of filing homeowner claims?
- Does your home have a security alarm system? Smoke detector? (these things may lower your quote / premium for homeowners coverage)
Schedule a Consultation
If you’d like a free quote on Florida homeowners coverage, call 561-395-5220 in Boca Raton and serving all South Florida and the Treasure Coast or click here and one of our agents will be happy to help you.