Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it. Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damages caused by floods, sinkhole and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and homeowners coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners responsibility.
Why would you need homeowners insurance?
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you’d need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that a homeowners insurance policy is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask our agents to talk about what is covered, and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what’s included and what is not.
Things to consider:
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask our agent to talk you through your home’s features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policies, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
- What’s the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
For more information on Florida homeowners insurance, contact All Risk Insurance Group, Inc. today! We can offer you numerous options for creating customized and comprehensive homeowners insurance policies. Filling out our free quote form can also help us better understand your insurance needs. A home is important to any family, do not leave yours to chance.