Whether you work as a solo practitioner or run a large architecture firm, you know that every project calls for a combination of art, expertise and careful planning. But in any complex project, there’s a risk of something going wrong, and even small miscalculations can result in big problems.
- Failing to complete a project by the agreed upon deadline
- Designing an inherently unstable or unsafe structure or building
- Negligent supervision of the structure or building’s construction
- Careless or incomplete review of a building or its blueprints
- Failing to deliver a finished product that meets the agreed upon specifications
The consequences of errors like these can vary widely. The architect’s client may suffer significant financial losses while waiting for the project to be completed or repairing a damaged structure. If the client is constructing a business location, he or she may suffer from a damaged reputation or other complications related to missed deadlines. A client who is constructed a home may be forced to spend a good deal of money on alternative lodgings.
If you or your firm is blamed for an error or omission that results in damage, personal injury or loss of property, or hurts your client’s ability to do business. This page will provide you with a small overview of the most requested types of architect insurance coverage, key considerations for architects and the ability to receive a free, secure insurance quote for your business.
- Architect Professional Liability Insurance protects you from lawsuits related to errors or omissions in your work.
- Architect General Liability insurance protects you from claims of bodily injury or property damage.
- Umbrella Coverage, which could provide up to $10 million of additional General Liability protection.
A distinctive quality of is our specialized focus on the architecture, engineering and design professions. Policyholders have access to industry resources, technical expertise and unwavering client service. As your insurance advocate, we aim to deliver the right coverage, at the right price, through value-added customer service.